Personal Information Collection
As a Site visitor, you may participate in a variety of activities without submitting Personal Information. As a Melodive Productions subscriber, we may collect the following Personal Information from you when you register for a Melodive Productions site and buy products or services:
- Contact details including your name, phone number, address, and email address, as well as a scan of a government-issued ID (information will be retained securely for the purpose of policing copyright violations, fraud, and other illicit actions);
- Credit card billing information including address, card number, expiry date, and billing address;
- Information about yourself, such as your occupation title, job description, and the name and type of company where you work; and
- Profile information, such as your username and password, as well as data about your transactions and the Content you license from us.
If you submit content for licensing to Melodive Productions, you may be required to include the following information:
- Contact details like your name, phone number, main address, and email address.
- Melodive Productions may validate this information by requesting you to do one of the following: a) upload a scanned copy of a government-issued identification card (which will be kept securely on our servers); or b) submit your credit card information. Your credit card information will only be used to validate your identity and address. The credit card information will not be saved.
- Payment and contributor data, including, but not restricted to, payment method, payout email, preferred display name, content focus, and skill level process information.
Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to supply is indicated as obligatory, while some are marked as optional. If you do not supply the required information for a specific activity, you will be unable to participate in that activity.
As is the case with the vast majority of websites, when you use the Site, Melodive Productions or third-party subprocessors engaged by Melodive Productions may collect some technical and routing information about your computer. This information is collected to support your use of the Site and the services it provides.
For instance, we may keep a record of environmental factors like the kind of browser you use, the operating system you run, the speed of your central processing unit (CPU), and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your machine. These environmental factors are used to support and monitor your usage of the website and its services. Melodive Productions also measures traffic patterns on the Site using these environmental data. In order to better comprehend the requirements of our Site users, we may periodically match this information with your Personal Information.
When you download and use our mobile applications or services, we automatically gather information about the kind of device you are using as well as the version of the operating system that you are running on that device. When you download or use our Mobile Apps or Services, we never request, access, or monitor any location-based information from your mobile device.
Personal Information and Privacy Preferences Updating
Upon receipt of your request, Melodive Productions will provide you with information on whether or not we keep any of your personal information or manage any of it on behalf of a third party. Please contact us if you need this information. You have complete control over your Personal Information and privacy settings and can make changes or have them deleted at any time. You may do so by contacting us.
How Your Personal Information Is Utilized?
- Perform the necessary financial transactions.
- Send you confirmations of orders and renewals.
- Register your rights to technical help or other advantages that may be provided to registered users.
- Respond to requests, inquiries, and problems from customers.
- Manage your account settings.
- Send you the information about products and services you requested.
- Keep you up to date with Melodive Productions and selected third parties’ unique offers and services.
- Administer promotions and contests in which you participate and inform you of the outcomes.
- Investigate, prohibit, or take action with respect to unlawful activity and/or breaches of our Terms of Service.
- Meet our requirements for research and product/service development, as well as to enhance our Site, services, and offers; and
- Personalize your experience by tailoring our services and products to you.
To compile a summary of your interests, we keep information collected via cookies, log files, transparent images, and/or third-party sources. We link your personally identifiable information and/or membership use history to the summary information in order to deliver targeted promotions and marketing offers, optimize the content of the site for you, and/or establish your preferences.
Melodive Productions may, under some circumstances, be obliged to reveal personal information in response to valid demands made by public authorities. These requests may be made, for example, to fulfill obligations pertaining to national security or law enforcement.
Where required by law (such as to comply with a subpoena, warrant, or court order delivered on Melodive Productions) or when we think disclosure is essential to preserve our rights, prevent litigation, guarantee your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or answer to a government request. We may also share your information if we believe that doing so is necessary for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other problems of public significance.
Sharing Information with Service Providers / Agents
Melodive Music utilizes one or more external credit card processing providers to charge customers for their purchases. These organizations do not, to the best of our knowledge, keep, share, store, or utilize any personally identifiable information for any other reason. We do not sell or otherwise distribute Personal Information to other parties for the purpose of promoting their own products or services.
Choice / Opt Out
You can stop getting email updates, newsletters, and/or partner communications from Melodive Productions by sending us an email. Generally, the option to opt out of receiving such notifications is also given throughout the registration process. Melodive Productions will continue to notify you whenever the Terms of Service or Submitter Terms of Service change. In addition, we will continue to send you service-related notifications, such as an email confirming your registration, emails informing you of your benefits, emails automatically prompted by activities you did on the Site, and alerts relating to your bills. In general, it is not possible to opt out of these non-promotional mailings. You may opt out of receiving them by contacting us.
Security of Your Private Information
The Personal Information you supply in conjunction with your use of the Site is safeguarded in many ways.
- Your account profile can only be accessed by using a password and a unique customer ID that you create. You should use a password that is strong, alpha-numeric, and not reveal it to anybody.
- Your Personally Identifiable Information is stored on secure servers, and only certain employees and contractors of Melodive Productions have the passwords necessary to access those systems.
- When you provide personal information to Melodive Productions, it is encrypted.
- On our registration and order forms, we encrypt your sensitive information (such as your credit card number) using transport layer security technology.
We make every effort to safeguard the Personal Information given to us, both during transmission and after received. However, neither Internet transmission nor electronic storage can be guaranteed to be completely safe. While we take the sensitivity of the Personal Information we collect, manage, and store into account, as well as the current state of technology, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your Personal Information.
If you have any issues concerning the security of our Web sites, please contact us through email.
Tracking and cookie technologies
It is possible that the Site collects information as you browse, including but not limited to your Internet Service Provider, browser type and version (including operating system and device type), average time spent on our site(s), pages viewed, information accessed, and your Internet Protocol (IP) address. This kind of data is also known as web analytics and/or clickstream data.
This automatically obtained log information may be combined with other information we gather about you. This is done to improve the services we give you, as well as to enhance marketing, analytics, and site functioning.
If you wish to modify how Melodive Productions may use your Personal Information as a consequence of these changes, you can do so by following the method outlined in the section headed “Updating Your Personal Information and Privacy Preferences”.
Without your approval, we may sell or combine parts of our company and transfer customer information to that new organization, but Melodive Productions will post notices of any such sales, acquisitions, or mergers on this site so that you have advance notice of any such events.
Links to Third Party Sites
Our website contains links to other websites whose privacy policies may vary from ours. If you provide personal information to any of these sites, it is subject to their privacy rules. We recommend that you carefully read the privacy policies of every website you visit.
Social Media Widgets
Our websites may incorporate Social Media Features, such as the Share this button or interactive mini-programs. These Features may gather your IP address, the page you are now viewing on our site, and may establish a cookie to allow the Feature to work correctly. The Social Media Features and Widgets that you see on our site are either hosted by a third party or directly on our own servers. The privacy policies of the companies that provide these features govern your interactions with them.
You are also able to use sign-in services such as Facebook Connect or an Open ID provider to access our website. These services will verify your identification and offer you with the option to pre-populate our sign-up form with your name and email address. Services such as Facebook Connect allow you to share information about your activity on our website with others in your network by posting it to your profile page.
We have no intention of soliciting or collecting Personal Information from children under the age of 18. For those who are under 18, please do not submit any personal information or use our services. If you have any reason to suspect your child under the age of 18 has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, please let us know so we may delete the information and cancel the child’s account.